Microwave Digestion increases reaction rates while decreasing digestion times for sample preparation through the use of sealed, high-pressure, high-temperature vessels. Aurora’s range of microwave digestion systems offers low cost solutions for easy, quick and safe sample preparation. This technique is ideal for environmental, agricultural, nutrition, geochemistry, petrochemical and clinical applications requiring trace metal analysis.
With simple one-step operation, this cost effective microwave digester consolidates your Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy (AFS), ICP-AES, and ICP-MS digestions into intelligent, high-speed procedures.
1. Round, pressure resistant heavy duty oven chamber made of PFA-coated stainless steel with top-loading manual cover
2. Evenly distributed microwave field throughout the chamber to ensure uniform heat for each sample vessel
3. Direct sensing and control of sample temperature in closed vessels to ensure reproducible digestion every time
4. On-line EPA protocols and methods directory, full compliance with EPA methods
5. Flexibility to program individual methods for specific customizable sample preparation
6. Automated recording of conditions during each digestion
7. Windows-based software for real-time control of temperature
The TRANSFORM Microwave Digestion Systems come standard with a range of safety features:
Fume exhaust module
Rupture disks and vent detection mechanisms on each vessel automatically shut down power in response to over-pressure
Teflon lining of oven cavity
Digestion vessels molded with engineering plastics
Continuous temperature monitoring and control
Release of acid fumes into collection reservoir in vessel carousel
Automatic pressure release mechanism in oven cavity
Closed Vessel Digestion:
Closed vessel digestion reduces contamination issues by ensuring a clean, controlled environment for each individual sample.